Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CMK DT Call

(Warning to my non-scrappy readers...feel free to skip this post...no kiddie updates here :)). 

Ok, here goes nothing.  I'm officially applying to the CMK DT Call.  I'm being brave and putting myself out there with all the other extremely talented ladies applying.  The assignment was to dig into your stash and create a kit and then, using the items you pulled together, create at least two projects.  Then post the kit and your creations to your blog.  I had a lot of fun with this.  I liked the challenge of pulling together product from different manufacturers and making it work together. So, (holding my breath)...here's my kit: 




Kit Contents: 

3 Cardstock (1 Prism (green), 2 Making Memories (1 black, 1 white))
6 Pattern Papers (4 Basic Grey (Urban Prairie), 1 Heidi Grace, 1 Heidi Swapp)
2 Die Cut Papers (1 Pink Paislee, 1 Creative Imaginations)
1 Transparency (Hambly)
2 Sticker Sheets (Basic Grey Urban Praire elements and alphas)
1 Alphas (Making Memories)
2 Rubons (Glitz and Scenic Route)
Journal spot (Jenni Bowlin)
Bling (Prima, Kaiser, unknown - clear studs)
Blooms (Heidi Grace, Fancy Pants)
Buttons (Fancy Pants)
Ribbon (Pink Paislee, Creative Cafe, unknown - black polka dot)
Chipboard (Maya Road)

And here are my LOs: 



I'm really please with how this LO turned out.  I love the way the rubon birdie peeks out from behind the pic and pattern paper and how the chiboard bird is layered on top.  I used periods from the alphas for my flower centres and did some handstitching in the corners.  I couldn't resist adding all the bling on this fun, girly LO.



I think this LO is really striking.  I love the way the pp circles pop against the neutral LO.  I was originally going to use squares, but I'm glad I decided on circle :) The picture flips up to reveal journaling underneath: 



The journaling reads: 

I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a niece, a grandaughter, a godmother. 

I am a lover, a peacemaker, a negotiator, a referee, a chauffer, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a waitress, a singer, a story reader, a snuggler. 

I am a reader, a photographer, a videographer, a scrapbooker, a crafter, a baker. 

I am loving, funny, creative, sarcastic, energetic, honest, loyal, emotional, caring, beautiful, a homebody, sentimental, overly protective, a worrier (at times).

Most of all, I am happy to be living the life I am.  I am truly blessed with family, friends, a home, comfort and security.



This LO took on a life of it's own.  It seems I just couldn't stop adding to it.  I love the "miss personality" rubon on the pic!  The transparency was fun to work with and I really love it layered on black CS.  The little bird is just so fun and the touches of bling really finish it off.  The corner was a last minute touch...a  technique I'll probably incorporate into my LOs more :)


A fun LO of Bridget making her "I will NOT smile" face.  She's such a tease already!!  She makes this face a lot when we're trying to get her to laugh.  I really like the touches of bling and ribbon on this one.  And who could resist that cute little face? :)

That's it!  I had so much fun with this :)  Wish me luck!!

11 comments:

Cindy S. said...

woohoo! I get to be the first to comment!
I LOVE the fun and pretty kit you put together, the birds add whimsy to your doodly papers. LOVE your LOS. (Esp the one of you and the CHIX.)

Congrats on taking the leap (I am holding my breath with you)
Good luck, I would be thrilled if you got one of these DT spots :)
HUGS :)

Susan Coish said...

Everything is so, so pretty! I love that peeking birdie too! You created a beautiful kit and very gorgeous LOs!!

Good luck to you!!

Dawn♥ said...

OH my heavens those layouts are just so gorgeous! Love the kit you put together! LOVELY! Best of luck to you.

Lucy Edson said...

Beautiful kit colors and layouts!! I love the one about you! It is very striking! Great job and good luck!

Anonymous said...

FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!!!! Love the Kit and I LOVEE the layouts you did from it!

Staci Taylor said...

You did a great job, amanda!! Love your kit and your layouts! Good luck to you!

Charity Hassel said...

super kit and fun pages!

Elizabeth said...

Your work is amazing!! I love the kit you created and all of your creations!!!

Good luck!

Jenn aka boysmama said...

GREAT kit!! I love that Wooo layout...super clever!! Good luck to you!!

Tracey Taylor said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! You did a fabulous job choosing a kit and designing your layouts. FAB job! GOOD LUCK!

Selena said...

Such a cute kit. Very well put together. Love your creations.

Best of luck to you.