Monday, September 22, 2008

Lots of exciting news!!

I'm finally allowed to say it out loud!  I made the Paws on Scrapbooking design team and I'm so excited!  It's a 6 month stint and I already have my first kit to work with :)  Some awesome paper and embellies from Jenni Bowlin and Pink Paislee.  Fun stuff!  I already have my first LO done.  The reveals are on the 15th of each month so stay tuned :)  For those of you non-scrappers (hmmm...I should come up with a term for you...like Muggles, only different, lol), I will get a kit each month from Paws with which I am required to make a few LOs and a couple of cards or and altered item (like a mini album for instance).  Then, each month the design team reveals its creations on the bulletin board as inspiration for others.  I'm totally honoured to be a member of this awesome team!

Yesterday we had Bridget baptized.  I'd say it was a nice service, but to be completely honest, I have no idea if it was or not.  I had too many kids to keep track of!  I hope that I was saying the right thing at the right time, lol.  She was cute in her (my) white dress and she didn't cry for Rev. Ron, so I guess all was good.  We'll just ignore the squirmy kids who were at the front.  We had everyone over to the house afterwards for sandwiches and cake.  Thanks to all the grandparents who pitched in with the food!  It was a long, but very fun morning :)  Thanks you all for all the very lovely gifts too.  I know most of you didn't see them opened, but we very much appreciate them all and can't wait to display some of the lovely things in Bridget's room (assuming we ever get shelves up!).  



Bridget with her parents and all her godparents :)


Ok, so I cropped everyone else out of this pic because it was only a good one of B and me, lol :)  I just think it's too cute though!

Hmmm...do I have any new LOs since my last post?  I think I have one....let me see :)


I have scrapped this pics before, but I love them so much (and I need to get new prints made..) that I scrapped them again :)

Hmm...what else?  Bridget tried her first real food today!  Pieces of Cheerios broken into thirds :)  She seemed to really like them, but can't pick them up for herself yet.  Such a big girl!  Her top 2 teeth have also broken through.  She went to the doctor for her 6 month check up last week.  She weighed 18lbs 14oz and was 69cm long.  She's in the 90th percentile for both weight and height.  Guess she won't have any trouble keeping up with her brothers!  She'll need all the help she can get!!  She had three needles but she was a trooper.  She cried quite a bit at the time but was all smiles again by the time we left the office.  Such a happy baby!

The boys are great...crazy but great.  Kieran gets into his "moods"...he's developed quite the temper when he wants.  The he will tell you, "I want NOTHING!"  It's kinda funny actually.  He's cute though and he knows it and totally uses it to his advantage.  I've never seen a kid who more reminds me of Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes).  Riley is loving preschool and is actually singing the songs and rhymes at home. He's also started to draw a lot more lately...people, houses.  So fun to watch him learning new things.  Oh, and he reads The Spooky Old Tree (a Berenstain Bears book) to Kieran (which means, he has it memorized).  It's too cute...he even pauses for Kieran to say some of the words like we do for them.  So, so cute.  Here's a pic (ok, 2 pics): 




Ok, enough for now!  I'm off to watch Heroes (yay...new TV!! Now if I could only remember what happened last season, lol).


1 comment:

NanaBett said...

Love the pics, especially the one of you and Bridget and the second one of Riley reading to Kieran (the latter looks like he is really enjoying it!). Tooo cute.