Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm still here...

Ok, so Kevin pointed out that I've been neglecting the blog, which is surprising since I didn't think he even read it.  I'm still not sure that he does, he probably just guessed.  Either way, here I am with another exciting update on our lives!

Hmmm...not much coming to mind.  Guess we're not that exciting!  Haha.

Ok, I must have something.  Today at supper Kieran was babbling...something about ducks.  The only part that I could figure out was "a duck goes quack, quack, quack and a big duck goes BIG quack, quack!"  That I found very funny!  

Another couple of cute kid things....  The other day Riley was talking about seeing chicks at a farm (I'm still not sure what he was talking about.  I think he only saw chicks once and that was in Halifax, possibly before Kieran was even born).  I was asking him when he saw them and he said, "it was a long, long time ago.  Well, not as long ago as the dinosaurs, but a long time."  

Kiearn apparently thinks that a chicken goes "buck, buck" and a rooster goes "buck-a-doodle-doo".  Heehee.  He is cute (especially when he's not crying constantly, which sadly is often these days).

Bridget is doing great.  She can sit up for short periods of time now and is desperately trying to crawl to catch up with those brothers!  She's had all kinds of baby cereal and squash and sweet potatoes.  She's eaten it all...not with quite the vigor that her brothers did, but she seems to like it well enough.  She's a very big girl.  We'll see just how big at her 6 month (I know!  where does time go???) on Thursday.  All I know is that a couple of the moms at Riley's preschool have daughters who are 1 or 2 months older than her and they are much smaller!  Believe it or not I am still lugging around the bucket seat, but I won't be able to do that for much longer or I'm going to put my back out!!  

Oh, speaking of preschool, I guess Riley started the 4 year old class since I last blogged.  He's loving it, of course, and leaves everyday without a backwards glance.  Until I make him come back for a hug, which he does obediently, but without much care whether he got one or not!   He comes home talking about the stories they read (one with a scaredy squirrel and killer bees that he can't stop talking about, lol) or things they did (an experiment today where they put raisins in a cup of pop and watched them float around).  It's a fantastic school and I'm so glad he enjoys it!  Guess I'll be there for the next 5 years since I'll never have a kid in it in the same year :)  Here are some first day of school pics: 







Cute stuff, eh? Oh, and I'll throw in one more of Bridget because who can resist a baby??



Now for some scrappy stuff.  Last week was my week at Paws on Scrapbooking to do the sketch for the sketch DT.  So....this was my sketch: 



And here is my LO based on that sketch (which you may not believe when I post it, but I DID start with this sketch in mind and then it took on a life of it's own :) ). 



Oh, and I just checked and the LOs for this weeks sketch have been posted so I can post it here as well now :)  The sketch was by Tina McDonald  and it was so much fun to do.  I've had these pics hanging around for awhile so it was nice to get them on a LO finally.




Ok, I should really end this now, if you're all still with me that is!  Time to move on to my newest addiction...the Brain Age game on Amy's Nintendo DS.  I'm at 32 years right now (the "ideal" is 20).  I won't dare tell you where I started!  I blame it all on lack of sleep :)  I think that my next addiction should be cleaning...how does one get addicted to that???  Sigh, it doesn't matter because as soon as I have something clean, tiny, sticky fingers mess it up again!  Oh well, I'll still with Brain Age for now.  

No comments: