Thursday, November 4, 2010

I love mornings!

Ok, maybe not early, early morning when my kids first get us up at the crack of dawn (or at this time of year, way before the crack of dawn!) or when I'm yelling at kids to get dressed and stop running so the dog will stop chasing them. No, that part of the morning I don't love. And I HATE making lunches. But once Riley is off to school, the dog is worn out and sleeping on the loveseat (yes, we've given in, the blue loveseat is his. Sometimes he shares it with us. He just looked so darn happy there and would actually curl up and calm down that I couldn't help but give in. He has also claimed the green couch in the playroom along with the cats. They usually hope he doesn't notice them there!) and the kids are occupied making VERY abstract art. That part of the morning I love I can sit and eat breakfast and drink my sweet, sweet coffee and relax. Sure, I should be rushing so I can clean and get ready for craft fairs and card nights, but I sit. I relax. I contemplate life. Well, ok, I read blogs and check out Facebook. But still. It's nice. It's relaxing. Apart from naptime, it's the nicest time of day! I sit and am in complete denial about starting a crazy day. I put it off as long as I think I can, lol! The kids usually pull me from my perfect world of bagel, coffee and reading. It's a harsh way to leave my world. I can feel it happening now as stamps go flying and the whining starts. Sigh.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this here or not but I'm the featured DT member for Crop Addict this month. Here are some of my creations!

This is currently my favourite layout! I love the picture (of course!) and the cute little trees and the beautiful, earthy colours!

I'm thinking of starting and 8.5x11 recipe scrapbook. It will be practical and pretty :) This is my fave sugar cookie recipe. Still reminds me of Grammie and Grampie's house when I was a kid!

Another one of those cute trees :) I love using cardboard on layouts and cards. Gives such a great, rustic look!

The weekly challenge for the week is based on this card. I challenged the girls to use paper piecing (like my cupcake) on a layout or card.

This layout is a scraplift of THIS layout from the CA gallery. My monthly challenge to the girls was to pick a layout from the gallery that they LOVE and scraplift it. I love how this one came out. Eventually I will get first year albums of my kids finished! This is an 8x8 layout for B's album.

Be sure to check out the rest of the team's beautiful work! Tons and tons of inspiration there! You can find the gallery HERE.

Ok, fine, I will go and face reality. Blech! But I look forward to tomorrow morning's cup of coffee :)

1 comment:

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your layouts!! and the first one with your kids and the trees is my fav too!
Have a wonderful day,
Monique