Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12 Days of Christmas...


I have some great news...I'm guest designing for LCOM for the month of December!! Yay!! And more great news...the LCOM design team will be hosting 12 days of challenges. There will also be 12 days of prizes just for checking the forum and signing up in the right thread! And even more great news...there's something new on sale each day! So, please come join the festive fun!

And another fun Christmas gift for me...I was asked awhile ago by Canadian Scrapbooker to participate in their Cover challenge. Basically, they ask 10 people to try out for the cover layout (they send each the same photo and journaling) and they pick one to be on the cover and 2 or 3 to feature inside as different takes on the cover. I was FLOORED when they asked me. I had no idea that Canadian Scrapbooker really 'knew' who I was. I'm lucky enough to have been published with them this Fall and currently in the Winter edition as well, but didn't think that was enough to get noticed for an attempt at the cover. So exciting to even be asked. Anyway, I did my layout, sent it in, and was chosen as one of three to be featured as a take on the cover!! So excited!! So, you'll see me inside the cover in the Spring!!

And, because no blog post is complete without kid stuff....

Yesterday Kieran was playing with the Santa hat and told me that he wants to be Santa when he grows up :) He's so looking forward to his preschool concert...everyday he asks if it's concert day and he's been singing me songs and reciting poems. So different from Riley. He was never that into it.

Bridget is so cute, even when she's saucy...which she's getting to be now and then :) I think she's starting to take advantage of the whole, Bridget's a baby, she doesn't know thing. Which means, she's the baby and she totally knows she's got everyone wrapped around her finger, lol! She loves to run around the house naked before she gets her jammies on while yelling, 'naked, naked', haha! She loves to look at the Christmas lights...on the way home the other night she said, "wow, look at the Christmas lights!" (yup, that whole sentence...crazy how much she's talking). She had her flu boosters tonight and actually said, "needle...hurt, hurt." She so remembered the last ones she had. But now worries, a sucker takes all the hurt away :)

Riley got his first home report last week and he's doing very well at school. There are occasional problems with listening and following rules, but nothing too drastic for a 5 year old in their first year of school. Overall I get the impression that he's really well behaved and kind, which is nice to hear. Parent teacher is tomorrow so I guess I'll get the whole scoop. He totally loves learning and apparently making and reproducing patterns (he IS a little Kevin after all). It also said that he's 'confident in his own ability to learn', lol! How you really tell that at 5 I'm not sure, but he does now say, "I know" every time I tell him he's doing well at something...maybe that's what they're going on, heehee!

Don't think I have any new pictures, but hopefully some Christmas pictures coming very, very soon :) I'll be badgering people for addresses again soon...I know I say I'll put them in a safe place every year, but I'm sure none of you believe me by now anyway, haha!

1 comment:

Tracey Taylor said...

Congrats on the GDT gig. Can't wait to see your xmas pics. I'm still trying to get one I like!