Monday, August 3, 2009

More reveals

August 1st we did our reveals at Treasured Scrapbooking. I am totally loving the kit I got this month! All the girls have done some amazing work, as always. Please check out the gallery here. Here is my first layout and the sketch to go with it:


My August challenge over at TS was to scrap a layout/card/altered item involving feet (did you know August is foot health month? Heehee). It can have pictures of feet, shoes, footprints, etc. I just love taking pics of my kids feet, they are just too cute. The twist is that the layout has to have some kind of distressing (not sure about you, but my feet are sure distressed at the end of the day). So, here's my layout:

So, you may be thinking...wow, that 30 really pops out at you. Weeeelll...I made a tiny boo boo. I had a number 15 there at first. I don't know why...I guess I though my children were all one-legged or something, lol! I even showed the layout to Kevin and he told me it was nice. Only after I started outlining the title in marker did he say, "You know, there's 30 toes in that picture..." Thanks...why on Earth didn't you tell me that earlier? Now I know how little he's paying attention when I show him something. I know, I know, it's my fault, but I blame him a little for being and engineer and not noticing the numbers thing sooner, haha! Oh well, makes for a funny story.

I also have a few July reveals for Scrap That! I think the postman took a vacation while delivering my kit. I only got it last week. Luckily, it also had August's kit in it so I can get cracking on that. But here are somet things I did with the July kit. These BG Porcelain papers are just so pretty!




That's it for now, but I have more coming very soon. I might be able to squeeze in a few more minutes here and there since Kevin is on vacation this week :) We'll also be doing some fun things with the kids...Hopewell Rocks, maybe Magic Mountain and a little school shopping for Riley (wow, that is really going to take some getting used to).

My blog is going to be getting a facelift in the very near future. Natalie was giving away a RAK on her blog to give someone a blog makeover and I won! I'm super excited...she does some amazing stuff, so stay tuned for that :)

Oh, and for any of you local girls, LCOM is having a no frills crop this Friday night, August 7th. You can register here. Check out the forum for more details! It should be a fun night of chatting and cropping...I can't wait!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the projects! I think the "30" looks great!

Cindy S. said...

WOW!! Your LOs are AWESOME! (and loving your foot challenge!) Fab fix on the boo-boo, too!

Melissa Wright said...

Wow Amanda these are all gorgeous!! Love the 30 toes LO!! I have left you a blog award on my blog, check it out!

Jenn Di Paolo said...

LOL! The 30 looks great! I love your sketch...I think I might try that tonight. I have a little award for you over on my blog. :)